ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY RESOURCE CENTER
UCP of NEPA serves as one of nine Assistive Technology Resource Centers (ATRC) in partnership with TechOWL., PA's initiative on assistive technology.
We offer assistive, adaptive and rehabilitative devices for seniors and people with disabilities. Assistive technology (AT) is broad term that refers to any equipment that aids with the completion of a task for a person with a disability.
The ATRC serves individuals with disabilities regardless of their age, disability, location or type of residence.
The ATRC is located at 435 Wyoming Ave in Scranton and can be reached toll free at 1-877-UCP-TECH Monday through Friday during the hours of 9:00am - 4:00pm.
Programs We Provide
- Assistive Technology Lending Library (ATLL) - is a free, statewide program, in partnersnip with TechOWL, where individuals can borrow different types of devices to find what works best. Try before you buy!
Click here to learn more>>
- Telecommunication Device Distribution Program (TDDP) - provides specialized phones free of charge to eligible Pennsylvanians with disabilities who have trouble using the phone independently.
- Reused Exchanged Equipment Partnership (REEP) - recycling of gently used assistive technology devices made free to the public including but not limited to canes, walkers, wheelchairs, commode chairs, and shower chairs. Learn more>>
Services We Provide
- Public Awareness - Information and referrals to help educate consumers about their choices of AT devices and service providers. We conduct and participate in events to help everyone understand the range and benefits of AT. Contact the ATRC at 1-877-UCP-TECH to arrange for a presentation at your organization, group meeting or conference.
- Device Demonstrations - "hands on" opportunities for people with disabilities and their family members to explore specific AT devices and decide what may best meet their needs. Device demonstrations are available upon request, and can be conducted at a mutually convenient time and location.
- Training & Technical Assistance - For service providers to increase their AT related knowledge and skills to better support people with disabilities. For public and private agencies to develop and improve policies related to access to AT devices and services.
UCP of NEPA is the designated ATRC for Bradford, Lackawanna, Pike, Susquehanna, Wayne, Wyoming counties.
TechOWL is the Commonwealth's Assistive Technology Act Program at the Institute on Disabilities at Temple University, funded through grants from the Administration on Community Living, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Vocational Rehabilitation.
- iCanConnect - will ensure that low-income individuals who have combined hearing and vision loss can access telephone, advanced communication and information services. This is made available through the National Deaf-Blind Equipment Distribution Program. Learn more>>
- Pennsylvania’s Assistive Technology Foundation (PATF) - provides either low-interest or 0% interest loans for individuals of all ages, income levels and disabilities to purchase AT devices and services.